Tuesday, June 30, 2020

"Muddy," by Dean Hughes

Amy's pick: "Muddy," by Dean Hughes
Saturday, May 30
Site: Red Robin and secret park behind the fire station in Midvale

From Amy: "It was such a lovely day in SLC... what could possibly go wrong?" :o 
 

From Patty: 
"On my way home this afternoon, it was 95 degrees.
I drove my air-conditioned car into the Burger King drive through
and ordered an ice cold drink to bring home and guzzle.
It made me think of the book Muddy in which they had temps of 115+ degrees
and no a/c and no vehicles and no convenience stores and
no icy cold drinks to enjoy on a hot afternoon.
My, how spoiled we are!  And am I ever GLAD!"

From Patty: "We hope the Maldivias are happy new grandparents by now, and hoping that all went well with the new delivery. We hope that Ivan is becoming invaluable to his new bosses.  We pray that everyone is safe and well. Amy had to evacuate her apartment for her own safety during the rioting in downtown. Hope all is well with her, also." 


No comments:

Post a Comment